My hometown of San Diego, CA is known for many things including: the beaches, gorgeously mild weather, and the SD Zoo. It is not the biggest foodie destination like New York or San Francisco or LA, but over the years it has definitely grown in recognition. We have top-notch restaurants that sit along side with undiscovered treasures scattered around the whole county. I eat out a lot for the sake of trying new things and revisiting old faves, so why don’t we discover San Diego one bite at a time?
Things I love…
- I have a love-hate relationship with food. I love food. Really, I do. I love how food can bring people together, how it connects us, how it reminds us of days of the past, and how it can take you around then world when you can’t actually travel. But I hate food because I don’t have the metabolism nor stomach space to show just how much I love food.
- I love variety, the spice of life!
- I love change.
- I love trying new things and exploring all that the world has to offer (because time is slipping through our fingers faster than ever, thus making life too short).
- I love creativity in all its form. From artwork on a canvas, to words on paper, to food on a plate. Creativity should always be nourished.
- I love music – I’ll listen to almost anything, in any language.
- I love to travel and want to travel more!
- Most of all…I love laughing. Laughing makes the worst times seem a little less bad (even if only for awhile).
Things I hate…
- I hate my metabolism (see above) .
- I hate beer and I’ve yet to find one that I didn’t. Well…I have found that Dos Equis Amber is tolerable and Lindeman Framboise (raspberry) beer is amazing! Tastes like juice!…for adults 🙂
- I hate those who hand out pity like candy as if it was Halloween.
- I hate close-minded people.
- I hate things that do not change (because then it’s just boring).
- I hate heavy metal music.
- I hate being looked down upon and disrespected.
- I hate not having control and my need for control.
- I hate how I try to not get attached, yet somehow I do and end up getting hurt.
- I hate how emotional I can get over stuff.
- I hate flying; humans weren’t meant to fly. If they were, we would be able to fly without having to sit in a giant metal contraption to do it.
- I hate trying to understand and read people (I’m not a psychic! So it’s nearly impossible!!)
- I hate the institutionalization of the school system (K-College).
- And most of all…I hate people who do not have a passion for SOMETHING because I think everyone should have something in their lives that drives them besides survival.